Help You Launch
New Business Feasibility
Are you thinking of launching into business? Do you have a great idea but are unsure how to make it into a reality? We can assist you with a range of services and advice designed to get your business up and running. Our 5-step business launch program consists of:
1. Feasibility Questionnaire & Report
2. Government grants and assistance appraisal
3. Funding Plan
4. Formation, Legals and Licensing
5. Implementation and commencement
Are you thinking about buying an existing business? We have helped many clients acquire businesses and offer a range of services that can be tailored and integrated to suit any type of business acquisition.
Our "PRE"-acquisition services include:
- ROI Report – a comprehensive report outlining the Return on Investment of the proposed business
- Benchmarking – comparing existing performance to industry benchmarks
- SWOT Analysis – helping you find the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
- Structuring & Formation – getting the correct legal and tax entities in place to commence takeover
- Finance and Cashflow – liaison with financial institutions to ensure adequate purchasing capital and cashflow. Prepare a business plan, cash flow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts.
- Handover – helping ensure a smooth transition including liaison with solicitors, staff, banks and other regulatory bodies
- Reporting – assisting you to commence a suitable reporting and accounting system to help monitor and run your new business
Structure Advice and Implementation
With the complexities of taxation, duties, red tape and related costs, it is imperative to operate through a structure designed for YOU. Whilst there may be limited options for a structure, we see every client as unique so what works for one, may not work for another. At MBA, you'll get the best structure available.
We can help monitor the value of your business (or a prospective business) using our Return on Investment Reporting (ROI).
By analysing the profitability of your business and its maintainable earnings, then giving consideration to all the factors specific to you and your Industry we can provide comprehensive guidance as to what prospective purchasers may pay for your business (or what you should pay for theirs). Take the guess work out of the process and get the confidence you need. Whether you are buying or selling - knowing the numbers is the key.
Have you ever wondered how your business performs compared to your competitors? What is their average profit? Are their sales higher (or lower) than yours? Are you spending enough on advertising? Are you paying too much rent? Are your staff costs too high? Surviving in today's business climate requires you to spend more time working on your business rather than in it.
We can provide you with accurate, timely, informative benchmarking reports that enable you to:
- See how your business compares to your competitors
- Understand more about how the rest of your industry works
- Analyse the key performance indicators in your industry
Equipped with this information, we'll work with you to develop action strategies that improve your bottom line.
Benchmarking is so powerful and informative, we recommend it as an annual process.
If you'd like a sample report click here.
Have you ever taken the time to consider what are the true strengths (or weaknesses) of your business? Or perhaps wondered which competitor may be the most threatening? Have you assessed if there are any new opportunities this year? Sometimes the answers to simple questions can provide powerful ideas and solutions for your business to grow. We can help you analyse these four basic areas of your business/industry and help create solutions that improve, protect and grow your business.
We are experienced in developing agreements to help you buy or sell businesses. We work directly with your legal advisors and/or we can recommend the right one for you, in order to achieve the exact type of agreement(s) required. Our senior advisors are highly trained with years of experience and have assisted many clients in the buy/sell process.
Cloud Accounting Migration
Let us help you make the right choice of accounting software. A robust accounting system is essential, but choosing the right system for your business can be difficult. There are dozens of accounting software solutions in the marketplace and the team at Macquarie Business Accountants can help you work through the maze and set you up with the system best suited to you. Our team consists of Myob Certified Consultants and Xero Gold Partners.
With decades of experience across all types of business structures, we can analyse, explain and advise you on organisational structuring. A comprehensive 'mud map' of your structure can help make future planning easier, make dealing with other organisations smoother and can even help you find structural weaknesses and areas for improvement.
Strategic Planning Day - S.O.A.R Analysis
The pressures of daily business can often mean strategic planning takes a back seat, but to have a successful business it is vital to plan. We'll help you develop a strategic plan that examines where your strengths and opportunities lie, considers your aspirations then develops targeted results. If you want to know where your business will be in the next 3-5 years then you need a SOAR Analysis. Our plan will give you an insightful vision for the future, providing inspiration and challenge to you and your team.
Our SOAR strategic planning process centres around:
- Strengths – defining what you do well, together with your key resources, capabilities and accomplishments.
- Opportunities – finding circumstances for leverage, competitive advantage and the elimination of weaknesses.
- Aspirations – knowing what you want to be and what you what to achieve. A future vision to provide inspiration and challenge.
- Results – Developing tangible outcomes to measure and demonstrate progress.